Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Carson Moves into his Big Boy Room!



On Saturday I finished working on the "construction" and painting of Carson's Big Boy Room (OK, well, truth be told, I still have some minor details to finish up like the center lines on the roads and the runway designation numbers - I am still trying to locate our compass so that I get it right - don't want any aircraft landing off the runway, which could very well happen if the numbers aren't correct!! :). Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Weston had helped to paint the blue and green of the walls for the airplane themed room and then I came in and built the bed frame, 3-D hill and bridge and did the painting of the airplanes, etc. It was a fun project and so fun to see Carson's reaction as each new detail was added. He was super excited about the room and could hardly wait to move in. It was a big day on Saturday as we moved his crib in there (he will move to his big boy bed a bit later once he has adjusted to the new room). He loves it and wants to run up there and play many times a day.


Carson applauds the completion of his new room.


Carson sends a construction vehicle racing down the hill toward the bridge.



Carson sits on his big boy bed surveying his new domain.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You did such a wonderful job on the room! I can't believe you are so crafty - how lucky Carson is to have you two as parents! I don't know of any other 2 year old that has a 3 D room! So cool! See you in just 3-1/2 weeks!

The Blake Family said...

Alright...I didn't realize that it was a 3-D room!!!!!!!! The bed looks awesome as well as the walls. What little boy wouldn't want to be in that room!! You guys are the best parents ever!!